Since running the Chicago Marathon, and then deciding not to run the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon, I knew I wanted to try a spring marathon. I learned so much training for Chicago that I feel can benefit me to reach my goals in the future. The decision became not if I was going to run one, but which marathon I was going to run.
The marathons I was considering were....
- Flying Pig in Cincinnati
- Rockford (Rockford, IL)
- Chicagoland Spring Marathon
- Carmel Marathon (Carmel, Indiana)
- Illinois Marathon (Champaign-Urbana, Illinois)
And the winner is....
I signed up for the Illinois Marathon for a few reasons:
- It is flat (Flying Pig is too hilly to train for in Chicago)
- It is at the right time of year (I wanted to give my legs enough time to recover before running the Madison to Chicago Ragnar Relay as part of an ultra team)
- You get to finish at the 50-year line in the football stadium and watch yourself on TV doing so
- I can most likely talk some of my friends into running it as well
Illinois Marathon....here I come!