Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Bombs and Floods

In the past week, I have experienced a bomb and a flood.  I'm currently waiting for a tornado to happen to complete the trifecta.

Considering all things, I thought I handled the Boston Marathon bomb quite well.  This is mostly because I didn't hear it go off, and was 1/2 mile from the finish line.  Plus, my parents were in Boston with me.  They could handle the logistics of getting back to the hotel while I hobbled down the streets of Boston after them trying to find our way to the bus station.  Luckily, my mom and I flew back to Chicago on Tuesday before American had all of their problems.  I was emotionally and physically exhausted from the race and the chaotic aftermath, but dealt with it quite well.

Then, on Wednesday night and early Thursday morning, we had torrential downpours in Chicagoland.  My school was cancelled on Thursday and Friday, which provided me with a nice break to regroup.  Although, I couldn't, because where I live was flooded.  Water was all over the floors, and I had to leave.  Luckily, I have some great friends that have helped me out.  But, after a while I personally feel like I am a burden.  Therefore, I stayed 2 nights in a hotel.  However, I couldn't take it anymore.  Tomorrow night I've decided to reside with friends again.

Unfortunately, I have not handled this event as well as the bombings.  On Saturday I cried 4 times.  On Monday I get to see my endocrinologist.  I think it is safe to assume I'll shed some tears in his office.

I realize that temporary living somewhere is not the end of the world.  But it is incredibly inconvenient and causes more stress in my life.  Right now, I need peace and not stress.

The good thing is that after this week, things can only get better.  Unless, of course, the tornado actually does come.

No comments:

Post a Comment