Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

3.5

I am pleased with the number 3.5 for a couple of reasons.

First, I have officially moved to Illinois (the reason why my blog has been neglected for the past week). I am living on the third floor of my apartment building. It is the first time in my life where I am truly living on my own. While I am excited and nervous about this, I have liked it so far. I like my 3rd floor apartment, although it has no furniture right now (it is coming on Thursday).

Secondly, I am running 3.5 miles this week. I get to run for more than 20 minutes....yay! Although I am not running nearly as much as I would like to be, it feels good. Running makes me so happy...a feeling which is hard to explain 100% to a non-runner. Needless to say, with my move and running, I am pretty happy right now!

And lastly, I signed up to do a 5k back in Iowa on Labor Day, about 3.5 weeks away. It will be my first race since the Flying Pig in May. I am excited to race again, even if it is only a 5k. Originally, I was going to run the 1/2 marathon instead of the 5k, but with my stress fracture that isn't possible. I have not raced a 5k for about 3 years. I don't even remember my time from that race, but I was the first female to cross the finish line. It was a super small race for schools in the town where I went to college...I sure my time wasn't very fast, but it did feel great to be the first female to cross the line.

Tomorrow I get to go into my new classroom for the first time. I feel like a new chapter of my life has begun, and I am excited and so happy about it. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    Congratulations on starting a new chapter in your life. Good luck!

    Thank you for being an active voice in the diabetes and running community. I am the Director of Blogger Relations at Wellsphere and I believe that you would be a valued resource in our HealthBlogger Network, which currently has over 2,600 of the best health writers on the web.

    After reviewing your blog, I see that you meet our standards joining, so I'd like to invite you to participate as a Top Health Blogger. As a Top Health Blogger, you would republish your writing on the Wellsphere platform (now with over 6 million visits a month), and yet you retain ownership and all rights to the control of your content.

    If this opportunity interests you, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.

    Have a wonderful day,

    Best,
    Hua
    Director of Blogger Networks

    ReplyDelete