Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Looking Back on the Past Year

One year ago, I was preparing to run my first marathon.  It amazes me how much things have changed. In the past year, I have:

  • Run two marathons (Chicago in 2011 and Illinois in 2012)
  • Run three half marathons (ChiTown, Rockford, and Heritage Haul all in 2012)
  • Run one 15k (Hot Chocolate in 2011)
  • Run one 10k (Spring Sprint in 2012)
  • Run three 5ks (St. Paddy's Day, Sweetness Run, and Labor of Love)
  • Ran an ultra marathon relay (Ragnar in June of 2012)
  • Participated in one duathlon (Tri the Du)
  • Volunteered at one race (some local race that I can't remember what it was called)
  • Cheered at the Fox Valley Marathon
  • Got injured
  • Learned to love biking
  • PR'd in the marathon, half marathon, 15k, and 10k distances
  • Learned to appreciate every single run
The list above are things that have only happened in my "athletic" life.  Personally, I also feel like I've changed a great deal.  I've become less of a type A personality, and learned to enjoy life more.  There have been many ups and down,s but I can honestly say that I am the happiest I've ever been.  It has been quite a year, and I hope the upcoming year is just as successful as this past year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment