Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thinking Ahead: 2013 Race Schedule

I'm a planner.  I always have been, and probably always will be one.  I like to know what I am doing, when, and plan ahead.  The same is true for my running.  Signing up for longer races (which are those half marathon or longer for me), motivates me and drives my training.  So not having any races in the near future is driving me a little crazy.  My training has been less-than-stellar for the past 2 weeks and I'm feeling the need to sign up for something.

I've been thinking about 2013 and what I want to race.  There are so many possibilities - do I want to run more trail races?  Do an ultra?  If so, a 50k?  50 mile? 100k?  Run marathons?  Get into triathlons?  More duathlons?  Focus on speed and 5ks?  Destination race?  Local races?  Small races?  Big races?  So.  Many.  Choices.

The only race I am signed up for is the Boston Marathon in April.  Other than that, my calendar is completely open.  Do you have any races to recommend to me?  Please share!  I want to hear about other races that I don't know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment