Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Winter Races

My motivation, which was lacking last week, has magically reappeared after signing up for a few races in the upcoming weeks/months.  Although my 2013 plans are still up in the air for the most part, I am happy to have at least one thing to train for.

After seeing that Muddy Monk posted on their Facebook page that the Schiller Chiller was close to being full, I decided to register for it.


I did their Thriller Schiller a few weeks ago, and had a great experience.  I want to do more trail running, and this is an easy way to accomplish that goal.  Plus, the race is on a Saturday.  I would much rather race on Saturday as opposed to Sunday.  My only debate was signing up for the 10k or 5k.  I ended up deciding on the 5k solely for the fact that if it snows/has recently snowed, I would be more likely to turn an ankle running over 6 miles as opposed to just 3.  Although the course is different from the October race, I want to see if I can run a better time.  I'm looking forward to it.

Also, in January I'll be running the Ice Breaker indoor marathon on a relay team.


We are still finalizing our relay team, so I could be running as much as a half marathon or as little as a 10k or so.  We'll be running around an ice rink for 95.5 laps.  Some people might think this is boring, but I know a few people who have done it and they thought it was ok.  It will give me something to look forward to in January.  

As for the rest of 2013, who knows!  Only time will tell...

Have you ever done an indoor race?  Would you run around an ice rink 95.5 times?


2 comments:

  1. I know people who've done that indoor race (both in the summer and in the winter) and really enjoyed it! It sounds a little crazy to me, but at least you get to see your spectators over and over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I will get to see you at the Schiller Chiller!

    I have not done an indoor race. I think the laps would make me crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete