Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Reviewing July

Thanks for all the comments on my gu/gel experience.  I'm going to try Clif gu on my next long run, but next freezing it first.  Perhaps gu in its normal state will go down easier, like Jess suggested.  I do find the consistency odd, and thought is was too thick.  Hopefully I'll have better luck next time around.

*  *  *  *  *

I think I just blinked and July was over.  It was so fast! 

July Running Stats

Total Miles: 253.9
Running Miles: 157  <-- highest mileage month of the year
Walking Miles: 29
Biking Miles: 39  <-- epic fail!
Elliptical Miles: 27
Stair Master Miles: 1.9
Weights: 7 days

*  *  *  *  *

Book of the Month: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  Awesome!!  I read it in Washington.  I'll be starting Mocking Jay soon.

Song of the Month: Give Me Everything by Pitbull

Obsession of the Month: Getting enough sleep every single night.  I'm a person who needs a ton of sleep to not only function, but also run well.  I've been in bed early many nights, including Saturday nights because Sunday is my long run day at 6:30 a.m., which is early for me.

Drink of the Month: Greater Than Lemon Lime coconut water.

Current Wish List: To run well and be injury-free. 

Triumph of the Month: Completing my second Ragnar Relay in as many months.  These races are hard on my body.  Also, completing my first 15-mile training run of marathon training alone and in awful heat. 

Current Bane of my Existence: Gross toenails.  I've got two that are really nasty right now. 

Current Blessing: Being injury-free and my running group.

Current Excitement: I'm running in an 8k race in Iowa on Saturday and hoping to do really well.  I ran in it last year and the course is fairly challenging, with lots of little rolling hills, but I'm hoping to do much better.

Funny Story of the Month: My principal asking me what I've been doing all summer, and me responding by saying training a lot.  She then informs me that I should think about giving up running because "Person A" has had to have 2 hip replacements because of running and "Person B" ruined her knees and ankles from running.  This coming from a 60-something year-old lady who doesn't run or exercise. 

How was your July?

No comments:

Post a Comment