Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Meeting Goals

I go through streaks with just about everything, especially running.  I survived the polar vortex winter by running a tremendous of miles on the treadmill and had a pretty good half marathon in March because of it.  I continued to run a lot in April and ran another half in the beginning of May, only to be disappointed for a variety of reasons.  

I debated for a long time what my next race was going to be.  I hadn't signed up for anything and was trying to figure out what my goals were so I could make a good decision.  I tossed around a lot of thoughts, but came to a few conclusions:
  • I don't want to run a marathon this fall
  • I don't want to run an ultra marathon this fall
I decided that I'm going to run a half marathon in November.  However, there was a reason for deciding on a half.  

Back when I was 21, and just completed my first half marathon, I decided that I would run 20 half marathons and 2 full marathons by the time I was 30.  Currently, I've run 3 full marathons (Chicago 2011, Illinois 2012 and Boston 2013) and 19 half marathons.  So this one I'll be running in November will be the last one I will need to run.  

My training for this race is going to be abnormal, but so far this year has been anything but normal so it'll fit right in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment