Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

July in Review

Summer is going way too fast. I think I blinked and July, one of my favorite months of the year, was over.  Here's what I did in July:

Miles Run: 183
Miles Biked: 248
Elliptical Miles: 31
Stair Master Miles: 13
Weights: 7 days

Highlights:

I competed in my first triathlon with friends.  I was our biker for a half Ironman race, which motivated me to want to get into triathlons.

I went to southern Iowa to visit my grandma for a few days.  I love spending time with her.

I started doing planks, although I don't think I would consider this a highlight.  They are hard!

Books Read

I read the entire Selection series -- The Selection, The Elite and The One.


I also read Divergent.


Current Excitement: I signed up for my first triathlon.  It is a sprint (400 swim, 11 bike and 5k run) on Sunday.  I'm not concerned about the bike or run, but I am not a good swimmer.  

Current Stress: Swimming/triathloning.  I am quite nervous about the swimming part of the triathlon, not only because I suck at swimming, but because I need to be disconnected from my pump.  I am afraid that with I will be incredibly nervous and it will send my blood sugar very high during the swim.  

Current A1C: 5.1.  I went to the doctor this week and found out.  For the past few times he hasn't told me what my A1C was, so I was a little surprised this time. 

Current Song: Classic by MKTO

Current Drink: Ice water.  

Current Food: Mixed fruit.  It is convenient and delicious.  

Current Wish: That there were more hours in the day.  So much to do, so little time.

Currently Thinking: About my track workout I'm doing by myself today.  Last week I did 16 x 400, which was great (I love 400s), this week I'm going to do a ladder.  


How was your July? 

No comments:

Post a Comment