Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Foam Roller Magic

If you have been reading, you know that I am going to physical therapy for a knee problem which I don't really even know if it is a knee problem. My leg has been off-and-on hurting-wise, sometimes it feels more like a stress fracture while other times it is the hamstrings. It is very frustrating, not only for me, but for my therapist. He constantly asks where, if at all, it hurt when I ran and I have a different answer every time.

After 3 sessions last week that really did not do anything for me besides make me sore, which is beneficial but the pain was still there, my therapist decided to try something different today. He heated my knee first and then foam rolled it before I ran on the treadmill and did all of my stretches and exercises. The heat worked wonders and I had no pain. At the end of my therapy session I once again used the foam roller. As I sit here typing this post, I can honestly say my legs are feeling great which is wonderful since I ran 8.5 miles on my own, plus one at therapy, and walked a mile. However, I'd never be able to tell.

With this being said, I am a believer in the magic of the foam roller. I purchased one awhile ago but never used it. I will definitely start tomorrow. Plus, my foam roller is purple, which makes it that much more enjoyable to use because I love the color.

Do you own a foam roller or any other device?

1 comment:

  1. I own just about every pain-relieving gadget there is, but I don't use any of them regularly.

    ReplyDelete