Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Diabetes Blog Week: Diabetes Device

Today's topic is about devices:

Today let’s tackle an idea inspired by Bennet of Your Diabetes May Vary. Tell us what your Fantasy Diabetes Device would be? Think of your dream blood glucose checker, delivery system for insulin or other meds, magic carb counter, etc. etc. etc. The sky is the limit – what would you love to see?


My dream device is to have a functioning pancreas again.  That way, I would not have to check my blood sugar, give myself insulin, count carbs, or have high or low blood sugars.  Life would be rather ordinary...something I have no memory of experiencing.

I think the medical field should invent some sort of pancreas necessitate.  That way, when a pancreas starts to give out, they can necessitate it.  It would be similar to what they do with a heart.  This amazing machine would also be able to completely restore malfunctioning pancreases, like the one i have in my body, to complete normalcy again. 

I hope they find a cure soon.  If they did, I would be first in line to get it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment