Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What a Week

Last week was an incredible week...


I was lucky enough to get into the Chicago Marathon via the lottery.  This made me so happy.  I cannot wait to run it again and really race it.  I won't be racing Boston, so this will be my only marathon race of the year.  I have some goals I'd like to accomplish on October 13...



I found out my Boston Corral start.  I'm in wave 2/corral 4.....but I am actually not going to start there.  I'm running Boston for fun, with my running best friend/training partner.  She is seeded in 2/7, so I am going to start back there with her.  This race is all about the experience, and having a good time, and nothing about running a PR.  



I ran a half marathon on Sunday.  It is so hilly that they have nicely named the hill, which they post on a sign about half way up it.  The elevation profile looks awful, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  I was expecting to be running up mountains, and the hills weren't too big.  The only other hilly half marathon that I've done in the Flying Pig 4 years ago.  However, this made the Flying Pig seem like a flat race.

I took this race real seriously....I got 3 hours of sleep the night before, had no idea what my goal was, didn't really taper, and wore some outrageously gaudy sunglasses.  The result?  Not a PR, but a great time and a time that surprised me, especially on such a challenging course.  I'll have the race report ready tomorrow hopefully.

There were some other great parts of the week, but they deal with things that I don't blog about, but brought many smiles and much laughter to my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment