Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes

I recently posted about how my Nikes were causing me foot problems when I ran so I went back to using my old Sauconys. Since Spring Break started today, not only do I get to sleep in for the week and enjoy my time off, but today I also went to pick up my running shoes.

A few weekends ago I went to a running store but they did not have the updated Sauconys in my size. They ordered them and were at the store a few days, but I've been pretty busy lately and did not get a chance to get to the store. So today I went to go get them.

The store was pretty quiet, given the fact that most adults work during the day and do not have a spring break; however, there were 2 other people there but left shortly after I arrived. After the sales person retrieved my shoes from the back room, I got on their treadmill and jogged half a mile. The shoes felt so good!

I had noticed that my old Sauconys were really wearing out from the amount of miles that had been logged in them. The cushioning just was not as good as it should be and needs to be for my training right now. I purchased my new Sauconys and hope that they will continue to make my feet happy when I run. Don't you just love the sparkling whiteness of new shoes compared to old running shoes? If only they would remain that bright for more than 2 days...


1 comment:

  1. Have you ever tried running with less supportive shoes like NIke Frees or Vibram five fingers? They made a huge difference for me and I don't think I could go back to running on traditional running shoes anymore.

    Just some for food for thought.

    Yuri
    Interval Running Man

    ReplyDelete