Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sometimes It's the Small Things

I know that sometimes I feel like I have stretches of bad luck in my life, where it seems that one not so great thing happens which cause a domino effect. There is some famous quote that says life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you deal with it. I believe this to be very true.

The great thing about life is that when I lay down at night to go to sleep, I know that the following morning I will wake up and it will be a new day to start fresh. I love each and every day off in a great way, with a nice cup of coffee as well.

Sometimes life gets so busy that I forget about the small things in life that bring me such joy. For example, one of those great runs that feel like I am weightless and could just run forever. Or hitting all green lights on my way to school in the morning, perfectly painted fingernails, or when my meter reads 83. I love all of those things and they all bring a smile to my face.

Today when I got done running I went to the locker room to get my bags packed up before heading home. I turned on my cell phone and realized that I had a missed call and voice mail message from my friend back in Ohio. It was so little, a simple voice mail message, but brought a smile to my face. It truly is the small things in life that are the best.

1 comment:

  1. It sure is the little things! I woke up at 121 (usually I am around 150-200) and was SO happy! I also love the burn in my highs after a really good walk (I would imagine it's similar to a runner's high). And watermelon glucose tabs! Yummm. :)

    ReplyDelete