Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pre-Thanksgiving

Can you believe that Thursday is Thanksgiving? The older I get, the faster times goes. I can remember being young, when the years go slowly, thinking that is just how the world works. However, my parents always said the older you get, the faster time goes. It seems like a couple days ago that the new school year started, but really, I've been with my students for 3 months.

Thanksgiving is one of those holidays that does not get much attention. It seems as though we move from Halloween to Christmas and just totally skip this holiday. I enjoy Thanksgiving for a few reasons. First, it provides a nice break from teaching (3 days off = wonderful!). I also get to spend time with my family, which I love to do. I'll be driving to my parent's home and my some of my mom's siblings and grandma are coming to their house on Thursday. It will be nice to see my extended family, especially my uncle who ran the Quad Cities half with me. I'm sure the trash-talking will be in full swing, especially since he is trying to qualify for Boston next year (2012). Finally, I like Thanksgiving because it gives me the opportunity to reflect on everything in my life I have to be thankful for. I know I have been blessed throughout my life, from having wonderful friends and family to having a job I love, just to name a few.

What are you thankful for? Do you think Thanksgiving should get more attention, instead of being skipped over?

No comments:

Post a Comment