Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Unprepared

I am racing on Saturday and have never felt more unprepared for a race in my life. Training for my 15k was hard because it is an awkward distance, I've never run one before, I have been trying to get healthy, and have 5 million other things going on in my life. My race mix has not been made, my outfit has not been picked out, and I'm majorly lacking in the sleep department. But...

I am still excited to race. I think if you are excited to do anything, no matter the circumstances, you truly love it. I love running, and am excited to go out there and hit the pavement for 1+ hours on Saturday morning in the freezing cold temperatures (forecast is 33-degrees = chilly!!).

I know I'll be even more excited tomorrow after attending the race expo. I don't know about you, but I love race expos. I like to see all of the stuff they have to offer and see all of the runners - veteran and newbies alike - milling around.

I do have one question that I don't know the answer to. I've been assigned to starting corral B. On the website it gives no information about starting corrals and google does not turn up any valuable information. I plan on asking how the corrals were picked at the race expo. If I've been put with the slower people I'll kindly request to be moved up. If I'm in a faster corral, that is great, I'll start toward the back. I know my place and my pace. I just hope I'm in a suitable corral.

2 comments:

  1. Usually starting corrals are assigned based on something they asked you during registration, like a time for a previous race or your estimated finish time.
    Have a great race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your 15k! That does seem like an odd distance to get your mind around, but still fun!

    ReplyDelete