Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Reviewing May

May went by so quickly.  I can't believe it is already June and summer is here.  My students had their last full day today, and just come to school on Monday to pick up their report cards.  Many people think that teaching is an easy job because we get the summers off.  This is true, but the hours I put in from August to May are countless.  I'm looking forward to sleeping in, reading books for pleasure, relaxing, and enjoying the sun.  But first, let's review May...

Total Miles: 284.2
Running Miles: 133
Biking Miles: 101
Elliptical Miles: 26.7
Walking Miles: 23
Weights: 7 days


Book of the Month: The Hunt by Jennifer Sturman

Song of the Month: Here by the Rascal Flatts

Obsession of the Month: Trying to break 1:40, but it didn't happen

Drink of the Month: Water...so refreshing in the hot weather

Current Wish List: To be healthy and injury-free.

Current Need: To find the holder for my insulin pump. I can't find it and it is a real pain. A new one might be in my future.


Triumph of the Month: Successfully completing my 4th year of teaching.  I loved my homeroom students this year.  They were the dream class...good kids, mostly low-maintenance parents, smart, motivated, included everyone.  Even in May when they got excited for the end of the year, they were still great. 


Current Bane of my Existence: The heat.  Could it please be in the 70s?  We totally skipped 70s weather and went right to the 90s. 
Current Blessings: Summer is here!  And, a new schedule for teaching next year. 
Current Excitement: Marathon training starts on the 18th, but the planning meeting is tomorrow morning.  I'm excited to train with a pace group and with other people who run my speed.
Current Goal: Be injury-free and conquer long runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment