Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Favorite Things of the Summer...so far

I was going to post about a different topic tonight, but decided that I wanted to focus on some positive things.  Every now and then I have to remind myself what a good life I have.  I am lucky to live in the United States and have food, clean water, and medication available.  I am able to run, which I consider one of the greatest gifts. 

Summer is a little more than halfway over for those of us in the teaching world.  My school starts near the end of the August.  Every year I am amazed about how quickly the summer goes.  I feel like it just started.  This summer has been incredibly enjoyable.  I hope in remains to be so.

So far, my favorite things of summer have been....

  1. Joining a running group.  I didn't know how much it would  change aspects of my running.  I'm going to elaborate in another post sometime. 
  2. Madison to Chicago Ragnar - two great runs and another decent one = Ragnar success.
  3. Sleeping in.  I need to sleep, a lot, and love not having to set an alarm clock every morning. 
  4. Reading for enjoyment.  I read a ton last summer (17 books), but didn't read hardly at all during the school year.  I'm currently reading Salem Falls by Jodi Piccoult, but am going to start the Hunger Games series after it because I've heard wonderful things about them from my students, friends, and aunt.
  5. Setting up my classroom.  One of my goals for this summer was to get my school classroom ready in the month of July.  It is coming along nicely; a little more work to do, but I think I'll make my goal. 
What I'm looking forward to:
  1. My mom is coming to visit me tomorrow.  I love it when she comes.
  2. I'm going to the state of Washington for the Ragnar NW Passage Relay in 4 days! 
What has been the best part of your summer so far?

2 comments:

  1. The Washington weather (or at least the coast weather) is pretty mild. Should make for a perfect Ragnar relay. I'm so jealous that you get to sleep in for the summer!

    Best part of my summer?
    -Doing a trail run series
    -Doing a mud run
    -Going hiking

    I've been so busy with work and evening class that I haven't planned much, and my boyfriend has been doing a lot of cycling races. However, our crazy schedules are finally winding down a little so the next month or two will be crammed with summer adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post, thanks for sharing

    And a big thank you for the comment you left on my blog about diabetes.

    ReplyDelete