Summer is a little more than halfway over for those of us in the teaching world. My school starts near the end of the August. Every year I am amazed about how quickly the summer goes. I feel like it just started. This summer has been incredibly enjoyable. I hope in remains to be so.
So far, my favorite things of summer have been....
- Joining a running group. I didn't know how much it would change aspects of my running. I'm going to elaborate in another post sometime.
- Madison to Chicago Ragnar - two great runs and another decent one = Ragnar success.
- Sleeping in. I need to sleep, a lot, and love not having to set an alarm clock every morning.
- Reading for enjoyment. I read a ton last summer (17 books), but didn't read hardly at all during the school year. I'm currently reading Salem Falls by Jodi Piccoult, but am going to start the Hunger Games series after it because I've heard wonderful things about them from my students, friends, and aunt.
- Setting up my classroom. One of my goals for this summer was to get my school classroom ready in the month of July. It is coming along nicely; a little more work to do, but I think I'll make my goal.
- My mom is coming to visit me tomorrow. I love it when she comes.
- I'm going to the state of Washington for the Ragnar NW Passage Relay in 4 days!