- I am a heel-striker, or so I think. I was 99% sure I was a heel-striker until I went to a running shop and got on this pressure scale thing that said where all the pressure spots were in my foot. My friend who was working looked at me in disbelief, saying that all my pressure was near the front of my foot and I must be a sprinter (she knows I like distance). Weird, right? I still think I am a heel-striker.
- I rarely look like I am having fun. Last spring, after looking at my Rockford Half Marathon pictures, I was in shock as to just how bad I looked. I decided before I ran the Chicago Marathon that I wanted a good picture and would smile for all 26.2 miles. In those picture, I am smiling in the majority.
- My left leg is weaker than my right leg which causes it to stride funny near the end of races when I am tired. My knee goes at more of an angle and my foot goes out. It makes for some really awkward pictures....really, really awkward.
- I move my arms only a very, very little amount when I run.
- I am tense when I run. My arms are higher than they should be.
Are you like me, and take not-so-good race pictures? Or, do yours turn out well? If so, I am jealous!