Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Time to Taper

Today's 10 mile run was my last long one before my half marathon on Saturday. I did not get very much sleep last night so today's run was not the best, unfortunately. However, I know that sleep greatly influences how I run and plan on going to bed early all week, no matter what it takes. I need my rest!

I'm ready to run on Saturday....ready to PR. Like I've said before, I am a visual person. If I can visualize myself crossing the finish line in the 1:30s it will happen. The rest of my workout days will be light, if anything at all this week. Tomorrow I am not sure what I'm going to do, if anything at all. I might just bike for a few miles or get on the elliptical to keep my legs moving, but nothing strenuous. I do plan on running short runs of 5 miles on Wednesday and 3 miles on Thursday, then taking Friday completely off. Saturday at 9 a.m. I'll be racing half marathon #7.

I'm ready to taper, PR, and have fun running on Saturday. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment