Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

The Importance of Sleep

I like to sleep, a lot.  This summer was wonderful on the sleep-front.  I got a glorious 8 or more hours every single night.  And then school started last week, and I got a mere 6 or 6.5 hours of sleep. 

Then, I woke up with cold-like symptoms on Sunday morning, which made for an extremely hard 12-mile cut-back week run.  Not the type of run I really wanted to have prior to my upcoming half marathon on Labor Day.  However, it is what it is.  I've got a good feeling about my upcoming half, but know that I need to be healthy on race day to achieve my goals. 

This means, I need to get more sleep.  Resting more will help me overcome whatever ailment my body is currently fighting quicker.  Plus, I'm extremely tired.  I didn't get to sleep in one day this weekend, although it was my own choice (racing a 5k on Saturday and marathon training on Sunday). 

Although it is 8:02 right now, I can honestly say that I am tired.  And I'm going to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment