Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Low, low, low, low

That was my blood sugar today when I was working out. I started out at a solid 96 and took a sip of Gatorade and promptly disconnected from my pump. I started running and got about 2 miles in and had to stop from exhaustion. I thought in my head that this might be becuase I logged 11 miles yesterday and my legs were just tired. After stretching and walking a bit, I tested only to find out that I was 22. No wonder I did not feel well!

It has always been a struggle for me to detect my lows, especially during exercise, when I do not listen to my body in terms of blood sugar. Some good news for the day: I am in the process of getting a continuous glucose monitor. My doctor had to write a letter about why I needed one and now they are submitting it to insurance. I should be notified in 2 weeks if I'll get one or not, along with a new pump. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I cannot wait to have one. That way it will tell me when I am going low, so I won't be 22 and working out. I must say my body did recover nicely after drinking some nice blue gatorade.

No comments:

Post a Comment