Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

Validated.

That is exactly how I felt after the open house held at my school tonight. I was more than delighted how well my classroom was decorated (if I do say so myself!) and at the comments I heard from both parents and students. One mom told me that she had lunch with some of her girlfriends and mentioned her son's cereal box book report and how much she liked it. She thought it was a great idea, and "I keep wondering what you are going to come up with next." So, yay for nice comments about me and my creative projects :)

Diabetes wise I still have not heard back from Minimed about the CGMS :( I feel like time is running out. I am only on my current insurance through July. It is good insurance and I want and feel like I need the CGMS. I am calling Minimed tomorrow to check up on things. I feel like I am that annoying customer that everyone does not like, but if they say it will only take two weeks and it has been three, I see a problem. I can't complain too much about Minimed. My current pump, which I have had for three years, broke only once (this October). When I called they overnighted me a new pump. Even before going on the pump the pump trainer from Iowa came up to my college in Minnesota, stayed in a hotel, and did the training for me that way so I would not have to miss class. I think he went above and beyond, just for me.

However, when I decided I wanted the CGMS, I did not receive the stellar service that I have in the past. In order to get in touch with someone who could give me answers, I had to contact the regional rep. for Ohio. Once I did that things started to roll along, but now have come to a halt again. I know I am not the most patient person when it comes to this stuff, but there is nothing more disappointing for me than someone telling me a time frame and then it being completely wrong. Hopefully I will be able to post some good news about Minimed tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment