Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Speedy

Typically on Sunday I do a cardio circuit workout at my gym. I give my legs the day off from running and instead jump on the eliplticle, cross trainer, and occasional walk on the treadmill. A few weeks ago I decided to implement running into my cardio circuit. I ran on the track, then got on a machine, then back on the track, etc. You get the picture.

When I was on one of the machines a man who I don't remember ever seeing came over and started talking to me. At first I was frustrated. Work out time is my time! Anyway, he noticed I was wearing a t-shirt from the Wright-Patt AFB marathon and asked me what I ran and what my time was. We chatted for a little bit about running and triathlons. When I went down the stairs to go to the locker room when I was done, the man said "have a good day." Now, I am young, and look young. This man is older...mid-50s maybe? Anyway, I thought it was nice of him.

Now, every time I see him he always says hello. It is nice and always makes me happy. He does not know my name, so he has started calling me "Speedy." Today I saw him and he was like "Hi Speedy...how ya doing?" It is nice to know that sometimes strangers are nice, and can make my day happier than it already is. Maybe I need to come up with a nickname for him now...

No comments:

Post a Comment