Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

more carbs = higher blood suagrs

I like to eat. That is a simple fact, and it seems that I am hungry a lot of the time. However, I feel like I am hungry because I run a lot, or at least thinking that makes me feel better. Having just consumed food, this post is dedicated to eating.

I have noticed that the more carbs I consume, the higher my blood sugars are. For example, for breakfast I usually have 33g, but yesterday I had 45, and ended up being high at lunch because of it. On TuDiabetes, people say they eat 30-45 grams per meal; however, I eat much more than that at dinner. I eat more like 60 or 75...not 30! I exercise in the late afternoon/early evening and come home and eat dinner afterward, when I am feeling the effects of working out. I do not consume any carbs post-exercise, unless i need to treat a low. Am I being healthy? I don't know...but I do know that my body could not handle eating only 30 grams at night. It made me happier to read Phil from Team Type 1 blog and how much he eats. :)

Speaking of food, and eating, I think I might go for a nice piece of gum right now. But before i end my post for today, I would like to say that I had a good day and laughed a lot with my students. They are doing standardized testing this week in two subjects and in between sessions we had some quality laughs together. It makes to think to the future and how I might miss my current school...just a little bit. Is there anything better than a student telling you he has been in the Oval Office? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment