Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Spring Marathon

Since running the Chicago Marathon, and then deciding not to run the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon, I knew I wanted to try a spring marathon.  I learned so much training for Chicago that I feel can benefit me to reach my goals in the future.  The decision became not if I was going to run one, but which marathon I was going to run.

The marathons I was considering were....
  1. Flying Pig in Cincinnati
  2. Rockford (Rockford, IL)
  3. Chicagoland Spring Marathon
  4. Carmel Marathon (Carmel, Indiana)
  5. Illinois Marathon (Champaign-Urbana, Illinois)
And the winner is....




I signed  up for the Illinois Marathon for a few reasons:
  • It is flat (Flying Pig is too hilly to train for in Chicago)
  • It is at the right time of year (I wanted to give my legs enough time to recover before running the Madison to Chicago Ragnar Relay as part of an ultra team)
  • You get to finish at the 50-year line in the football stadium and watch yourself on TV doing so
  • I can most likely talk some of my friends into running it as well

Illinois Marathon....here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good one

    I would like to do Flying Pig (half) one day, its usually the same weekend as Capitial City which is really close to me

    ReplyDelete