Yesterday the weather in Chicago was a nice 50-degree day. I got to run outside in shorts.
Today? We got over 4 inches of snow and had to pull out all of my winter weather running gear, bundle up, and was not warm until mile 4 of a 6 mile run. We ran on snow-covered trails/path. I've never done this before and although my pace was probably the slowest I've ever run 6 miles in, it felt like I was working so hard. Running in the snow and through it is hard work.
I got an email today from The Polar Dash people and they are rescheduling the race until next weekend. I was disappointed to read this, but they said they had to postpone the race for safety reasons. I now have to decide how many miles I am going to run on Sunday. I'm torn...
This is a step-back week for me, where my long run (in this case, race) is supposed to be shorter. Do I run 12 or 13 miles, as originally planned?
Or do I run my long run distance for next week (18 miles) this week?
Decisions, decisions. What would you do?