Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2011 in Review

After being gone to visit family for 12 days, I am happy to be home.  I had a wonderful time and didn't bother to check my blog or email once.  Instead, I spent my days sleeping in until late in the morning, drinking the world's best coffee, running, reading 3 books, and watching some TV.  However, all good things must come to an end.  School is back in full swing.  But first, I want to take some time to reflect on 2011. 

First, when I got back to Chicagoland, I was welcomed by Bobbi's blogger Secret Santa gift.  I love it. Thank you so much, Bobbi!  You are so kind and thoughtful. 





I am sad to see 2011 go.  Without a doubt, 2011 was the best year of my life

I met a lot of new people, joined a running club, and connected with other people in the blogosphere.

I set new PRs in 5k, 4 mile, 8k, 15k and the half marathon distance.  I also ran my first marathon so I got an automatic PR. I also ran my first and second duathlon.  In every distance I ran, I set a PR.  My PR's prior to 2011 were decent.  I think I went from being an "ok" runner to a "good" runner. 

More about 2011 and 2012 to come....

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear what's in store for you! your holidays sounded so peaceful and lovely. Here's to an even BETTER year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 2011 and I hope 2012 is even better for you

    I hope you enjoyed the Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Glad you like it :)

    Can't wait to see what is in store for you in 2012 - Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete