Weigh in - I want your thoughts!
As many of you know, registration for the Chicago Marathon opens this week. Although it does not see out in less than a day (like Boston), a person really should register in a week for it. I have been thinking, and thinking, and done some more thinking about it. I ran it last year and had a great time. Should I run it again this year? It is a tough call.
Reasons to Run Chicago in 2012:
- It is close to where I live...a mere 30 minutes away.
- I get to see all of my friends at the aid station (mile 2) from my running club.
- My running club's summer program is designed for people who run Chicago.
- It is big, fun, and there is a lot of excitement associated with it.
- My best friend is also contemplating running it. Although we would not run together, going through the same training program, running the same mileage, would be neat.
- I am running the Illinois Marathon in April. If I quality for Boston there, which is the goal, I would not need to run it.
- The first half of the course is awesome, and the second half is dull.
- I could always run another fall marathon if need be, as there are many to choose from.
- I could volunteer at the Mile 2 aid station with my running club and get to experience the race in a totally different way.
What are your thoughts on running Chicago? Will you be running this year?