Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Week Off

Training for a marathon takes a lot of time, dedication, and planning.  I was happy to have a week where my daily runs were not a predetermined mileage to run this week.  I went on how I felt.  For the most part, except for Thursday, I ran the speed my body wanted to run.  It was glorious.

So, what did I actually do this week?

Monday
3 mile walk

Tuesday
3 mile run at 9:28 average pace
9 miles biking

Wednesday
5.5 mile run at 8:12 average pace
5 miles biking
weights

Thursday
6 mile run
11 miles biking

Friday
off

Saturday
4 mile run at 7:54 pace

Sunday
10 mile run at 8:20 pace
5 miles biking
weights

Total Running Miles: 28.5
Total Biking Miles: 30
Walking Miles: 3
Weights: 2 days

Now the question becomes....

Do I want to run the Monumental Marathon on November 5?

I am going to see how I feel this week, and then make my decision next Sunday.  It is hard to prepare for something for 4 months and not do as well as you anticipated.

2 comments:

  1. I really think with a good weather day, you would've blown your goal out of the water. If you can get a nice 18-20 mile run in this weekend, you should totally do the other marathon. I'm doing one that weekend, but I'm pacing a friend and then hoping to be quick for one on Dec. 10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can totally do another mary on 11-5, but listen to your legs and head about it leading up to the race

    ReplyDelete