The race is 45 days away, and I am (kindly) emailing him reasons every single day as to why he should run the race. However, I know that it is easy to not open up all of your emails, or read them. So, I sought the help of my wonderful 11-year-old students to help me accomplish my task. I have a lot of kids that ran cross-country in the fall so they were more than thrilled to help me out. Two of my students, "G" and "K", wrote the following reasons of why a person should run a race. They made me smile and laugh.
- Running for 5 minutes makes you feel like you can run around the whole world.
- Running is exercise and exercise is good for you.
- You get to talk to your friends when running a race.
- It makes you feel like you are on the red carpet because there are so many people cheering for you.
- Running to a shop is better than driving. Save the Earth!
- Running makes you feel relaxed.
- Running a race is tons of fun.
There were other reasons, but the ones mentioned above were my favorites. I especially like the fact that they think running for 5 minutes makes you feel like you can run around the world and how it makes you feel like you are on the red carpet. I hope it will help convince my friend to run the race. Maybe it is just me, but sometimes I wish I could see the world through the eyes of a child again.