Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Feeling Inspired

I'm a visual person. I like to see things, and many times seeing certain pictures gives me inspiration. I've known this about myself for a long time, and therefore have made decisions to decorate in accordance with my visual-ness. After trying to update my blog background and make it something that I am proud of, I realized that I rarely post pictures on my blog. I like pictures, it is just that I have other priorities. Taking advantage of my day off of teaching, and the start of a 4-day weekend, I took some pictures of things I see everyday that give me inspiration, both to run and live a better life. But, of course, mostly run.


This hangs above my desk in my office. You can find my racing bibs from the past 6 years (minus one two bibs from races I did in college which I cannot find), medals, and a few of my favorite quotes. Also, pictures of my favorite cousins.


Resting above my running bulletin board (above) are my two running trophies.



This is a piece of artwork I made when I was in 7th grade. I found it two summers ago and realized that I have always had a passion for running, even as a 13-year-old.


My favorite Nalgene...decked out with my flying shoe picture, both of which were gifts from my brother a few years ago.



This was a gift from my mom to me. My grandpa used to collect stamps and got these envelopes when a new stamp was released. My grandpa gave my mom all of these stamp envelopes when she was in college, and she kept them for many, many years. My mom chose stamps that, in her opinion, fit us (me, my siblings, and her siblings). My stamps include Landing of the Mayflower (I love social studies), Christmas (when I got the gift), Love (self-explanatory), Robinson Jeffers (I like to read and write), Namibia (say United Nations, which my mom thought invoked a sense of volunteerism, and I volunteered for two years), and Harriet Tubman (adventurous and courageous, like me...according to my mom).



And, my bobble heads. I love them. I have four: Joe Mauer, Damien Miller, Prince Fielder, and my personal favorite - Bob L. Head.




This will be a double-post day for me. So check back later for some important news.
Do you have something visual that motivates you to go out and run or to be a better person?

3 comments:

  1. Since I have lost tons of weight... my "fat" picture motivates me... and I wrote down: "You never regret the run you do, but you ALWAYS regret the one you dodn't do!"

    Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a freaking shrine to myself. I'm getting kind of embarrassed about all the stuff I have collected, medals and trophies and junk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pictures. I was hoping you would post some soon because you don't usually! I am ashamed now that I may have tossed some bibs and a few medals here and there but started keeping them all again. I wish I had some visual motivations like you guys

    ReplyDelete