Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Three Things Thursday

I'm a pretty habitual person, both in life and on this blog. It seems like I write a lot about running and diabetes, with some other random life things thrown in there every once in awhile for good measure. So, today you get some life. Enjoy getting to know me better.

1. I am not an animal person. Actually, that might be an understatement. I hate animals. Hate is a strong word, but I think it fits. Actually, it might be a combination of words: hate and terrified. When I am running, I will actually cross the road so I do not have to be near a dog. When I go to someone's house who has a dog that is out, they usually put it away because I get terrified just seeing it. And yes, I've always been this way. And no, I have never had a pet.

2. I am not a fan of car inside-your-car decorations. I only have 3 things on my car that I have personally added: around my back license plate, I have a border that reads "Half Marathoner; I run 13.1." It was a gift from my brother after I completed my first half. Even though the white letters have turned dark grey, I still love it and will most likely always have it. The second thing I have on the back of my car is a magnet that says "run." Simple enough - it sums me up pretty well, too. The third thing is inside of my car. I have a yellow Livestrong bracelet that is safety-pinned together around my gear shifter thing (I know nothing about cars, so I don't know the technical term). It has a long history and is incredibly important to me. I'll always have it in that position in my car.

3. When selecting races to run in, I like to choose ones that have interesting names. Flying Pig = awesome. The Bix is rather unique. The Benefit Classic - totally boring. There is a race here this weekend called the Frozen Buns Run. That is an awesome name. If I got to name a race, I think I would call it The Royal Run.

What are three interesting things about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment