Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Three Things Thursday: Diabetes, Running, and Parents

It has been the longest short week. I had President's Day off, but this week is going slow. Maybe it is because there has been a lot of drama stirred up at my school in the past two weeks. I hope things simmer down soon. In the meantime, three random things await you.

1. Have you ever had two days in a row where all you felt like to you did was eat, eat, and continue eating while taking little insulin? That is what it has been like for me today and yesterday. I wanted to get in a quality workout after school, but couldn't manage much because my blood sugar would not stay up. Needless to say, I never want to taste a glucose tablet or shot blok for a long, long time.

2. Tomorrow I am going to attempt to get up early, which would be a near-miracle, and workout before school AND then again after school. I want to do a double workout day, and feel like I need one and am ready for one. When I was training for the Madison to Chicago marathon last spring, I occasionally did double workout days. These helped me tremendously in my preparation for that race. I'm not sure what my double workouts will be as of yet. I think a lot of it depends on how I am feeling.

3. I'm the youngest child in my family, and love it. My parents are coming to visit me for a few hours on Sunday and I am looking forward to seeing them. Can you imagine driving 7 hours in a car, only to visit your daughter for 4 hours? They typically bring me some gifts too, which is always nice.

Hope you are having a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment